A GAA Day
|KG1 & KG2||7:45am - 2:45pm|
|Grade 1 - Grade 5||7:45am - 2:55pm|
|Grade 6 - Grade 12||7:45 - 3:00pm|
PICK-UP & DROP-OFF PROCEDURES
We kindly ask that parents adhere to timings to ensure students are not missing valuable instruction time.
We would also like to remind parents that we also have a school bus network available to all families. If you would like your child to take the bus, or for more information on this service, please email Abdullah@bbt.ae.
MORNING DROP OFF
Parents may drop off students beginning at 7:15am. Each morning the cafeteria will be open at 7:15am for supervised time. Students in Grade 1 – 12 should not go directly to the classroom if they arrive before 7:30am.
We ask that parents allow the front car park area to become a KG drop off site only. Please help us in maintaining a safe and effective drop off point for our youngest members of the school community, KG parents will be grateful!
As there are simply not enough parking spaces to allow each family to park and walk their child to the classroom, we are requesting that you drop off your child:
- At the front gate of KG Reception if your child is in Kindergarten, which includes KG with older siblings.
There will be many teaching assistants waiting for KG students at the gates from 7:30am to chaperone your child to their classroom.
Should you prefer to bring in your child directly, please enter through the KG Reception.
Grade 1 - Grade 12 Students:
We also ask that parents of older students, Grade 1 to Grade 12, drop off your children:
- At the back gate. Please use the parking lot behind the school. Students will walk across the school sports field to enter the school. Please remember front car park is a dedicated KG drop off area.
The school day finishes at 2:45pm for Kindergarten students and 2:55pm for Elementary and 3:00pm for Secondary students.
Parents of Kindergarten and Grade 1 students may pick up their child from their classroom door. Older students are able to meet their parents and all are requested to be off campus by 3:15pm. If your child has not been collected by 3:15pm, you will be contacted by the school. Please note KG late pick up will be from the KG Reception.
We would like to thank all families for their cooperation in ensuring that everyone enjoys a stress free morning drop off and afternoon pick up.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
ATTENDANCE & ABSENCES
If a child is absent due to sickness or any other reason, please phone the Divisional Office to report their absence first thing in the morning. There are also times when an absence is unavoidable and in such cases, parents are asked to contact the school in advance whenever possible.
Please notify the relevant Divisional Secretary,
- KG - Grade 5: Elementary Secretary (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Grade 6 - Grade 12: Secondary Secretary (email: email@example.com)
Any students arriving after 7:45am must sign-in and receive a late slip with Reception (KG - Grade 5) or Secondary Secretary (Grade 6 - 12).
- Parent to Email Teacher (KG - Grade 5) or Secretary (KG - Grade 12), or call school in advance if they wish for an early pick-up. They must state child's full name, class (grade), date and pick-up time
- Teacher and Secretary will notify GAA Reception regarding the early pick-up
- Teacher/Secretary will send child to Reception at requested time as stated in email (Grade 2 - 12)
- KG - Grade 1 parents will collect slip from Reception, then proceed to class for early pick-up (no slip means no early dismissal)
- On arrival, KG - Grade 5 parent will sign-out at Reception for Early slip / Grade 6 - 12 students will meet parent in Main Reception
- Early slip must be shown to teacher (KG - Grade 1) and all slips must be provided to Security to exit GAA campus